Back to blog posts

‘Comparison is the thief of joy’

We all do it, but it really is one of the most ridiculous things – isn’t it? We all know that everything we see on social media and online is only people’s ‘best bits’? That one second where the light hit the cheekbone (normally unseen!) in a beautiful way? A specific corner of the house looks stunning, for once. The kids aren’t snotty and painful. You’re not screaming at your other half. You have one good product out of an ‘okay’ collection. Forgetting breakfast has given you an actual slim stomach. It’s amazing how we all forget that what we do for ourselves, is what everyone else does.
I know many people who’ll forget, and use people’s ‘best bits’ as a summary of someone’s life. That the 1% of their life that can go on Instagram is an indicator of the other 99%! I do remind them that the 99% is obviously not like 1% or we’d see it!
Those lines such as ‘People’s outsides can’t be compared to your insides’ or ‘Money can’t, and will never buy happiness’ are all so true in the day where everything is seen through rose tinted glasses.
Remember ‘Comparison is the thief of joy’ next time you scroll and then scroll back, to take a second look!

Leave a reply