Are you an entrepreneur? I was talking to a friend and happen to call her an entrepreneur. She laughed and explained that she wasn’t one of those and just run her own business.
I find this happens lots, when I mention this particular word. I never referred to myself as one of these either in the beginning and nor do I now, mostly. So, I thought I’d help anyone else establish, once and for all, if they were an entrepreneur.
Dictionary meaning: A person who sets up a business or businesses, taking on financial risks in the hope of profit.
A few entrepreneur’s characteristics. Is this you?
- Passion: Even though there’ll be days/months/years when you don’t make any money, you have no customers and everything is shit, you just don’t care.
- No. What’s that?: You don’t ever take NO for an answer…ever. You might concede, but you’ll never give up. You’ll figure out a way to fit a square block into a round hole!
- Competitive Nature: You’re extremely competitive. Much like above, you don’t take no for an answer but, you’re also unwilling to lose. It’s not in your nature.
- Self-Starting: You just don’t get up early, you work your butt off, all day and night on things that are important. You’re comfortable putting everything on the line and just get an enormous amount of shit done!
- Unpredictable: Your plans change by the minute. You have to, you think, if you’re going to get ahead in this world. Your business life is a little unpredictable.
- Outside the box: It doesn’t bother you to be misunderstood for long periods of time. You’re willing to take chances on crazy things and couldn’t care what people think. You know your vision is right, however crazy.
- Strong People Skills: You know to succeed and to share your vision, you have to be really good at communicating. You are aware that communication is one of the golden keys to success and you hold it as one of your most prized skills.
How did you do? Is this you? Congratulations, if it is – I think it’s one of the most glorious professions, hobby, skills to have. I’ll pour myself a stiff one later, in honour of your new title!