Happy International Day of Happiness! It’s a global celebration marked in 160 countries around the world to inspire and advance the global happiness movement; something I think, you’ll agree, we need to do much more of.
This year’s theme is Share Happiness – focusing on the importance of relationships, kindness and helping each other. So I thought I’d share a very happy photo from my life, and some tips on how to be happy today:
1. Do something nice for a stranger – along the lines of the ‘pay it forward’ mentality, do something kind for someone you don’t know. Buying a coffee for the person behind you in the queue is a favourite of mine
2. Have an attitude of gratitude – write down three things you’re grateful for today (even better, keep a gratitude journal and do this every day)
3. Make a happy playlist – even if it’s just a few of your favourite songs, head out for a little walk and listen to it (mine is Madonna and Dua Lipa)
4. Pick up the phone and call a friend you’ve not spoken to in a while. I’ve got a list of people I need to catch up with, as I’m sure you do – life always gets in the way. A good chin wag with a beloved friend is the ultimate happiness creator.
5. Enjoy a sweet treat – alright, this might be fleeting happiness but it’s guaranteed to put a smile on your face!
This photo was taken on a very happy day for me, my birthday last year. My wonderful team happybombed my walk to work with balloons and chalk graffiti, with messages of love and happiness. My heart was full to bursting.
Wishing you all a very happy day XX