As I mentioned, it’s one of those big weeks. And although it really could go totally tits up, I have a feeling it’s not going to. I am so inspired right now as I know we’re on the right path. We’re on our way, to start to make real difference. Over the next few months, we will start to show you how.
The journey we’re taking reminds me of these encouraging statistics. I read lately, on why building a business that matters and is seeped in goodness – is very good for business. They reported some compelling statistics from a consumer’s standpoint. The report concluded:
- 96% have a more positive image of a conscious company, than one without socially responsible
- 94% will be more likely to trust that company
- 93% will be more loyal to the company (i.e.continue buying products or services)
- 91% of global consumers are likely to switch brands to one that supports a good cause, given similar price and quality
- 92% would buy a product with a social and/or environmental benefit if given the opportunity and 67% have done so in the past 12 months
The world is changing, the customer is changing – it matters who you are. People are caring more and more about the businesses they interact with and what they’re doing to change the world for the better. Make sure you’re in tune with this, that you matter (properly!) and what you build is not all face value. It makes it possibly harder in the short-term – but it will pay off. Now go off and make that mark!