Protecting your personal details on our website.
The Website is brought to you by HCO Ltd. HCO Ltd believes it is important to protect your Personal Data (as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998) and we are committed to giving you a personalised service that meets your needs in a way that also protects your privacy. This policy explains how we may collect Personal Data about you. It also explains some of the security measures we take to protect your Personal Data, and tells you certain things we will do and not do. You should read this policy in conjunction with the Website Terms.
When we first obtain Personal Data from you, or when you take a new service or product from us, we will give you the opportunity to tell us if you do or do not want to receive information from us about other services or products (as applicable). You can normally do this by ticking a box on an application form or contract. You may change your mind at any time by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any email we send you.
The types of data we collect
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual. It does not include anonymised data.
We may process different types of personal data about you:
- Information you put into forms or surveys on our site at any time which may include your first name, last name, title, email address and marketing preferences.
- A record of any correspondence between us
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site may include details about payments between us and other details of purchases made by you.
- Contact Data including your billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Details of your visits to our site and the resources you use
- Information about your computer (e.g. your IP address, browser, operating system and platform, time zone setting and location, and the devices you use to access this site.) for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers
- Financial Data may include your bank account and payment card details.
How we collect data
We may collect Personal Data about you from a number of sources, including the following:
- From you when you agree to take a service or product from us, in which case this may include your contact details, date of birth, how you will pay for the product or service and your bank details.
- From you when you contact us with an enquiry or in response to a communication from us, in which case, this may tell us something about how you use our services.
Using your personal data
Personal Data about our customers is an important part of our business and we shall only use your Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To help us to identify you when you contact us.
- To present site content effectively to you
- To allow you to use our interactive services if you want to
- To help us to administer and to contact you about improved administration of any services and products we have provided before, do provide now or will or may provide in the future.
- To allow us to carry out marketing analysis and customer profiling (including with transactional information), conduct research, including creating statistical and testing information.
- To help to prevent and detect fraud or loss.
- To allow us to contact you (via email) about products and services offered by us where
- these products are similar to those you have already purchased from us,
- you were given the opportunity to opt out of being contacted by us at the time your Personal Information was originally collected by us and at the time of our subsequent communications with you, and
- you have not opted out of us contacting you.
- To allow us to contact you in any way (including mail, email) about products and services offered by us where you have expressly consented to us doing so.
- We may monitor and record communications with you for quality assurance and compliance.
- We may check your details with fraud prevention agencies. If you provide false or inaccurate information and we suspect fraud, we will record this.
We may allow other people and organisations to use Personal Data we hold about you in the following circumstances:
- If we have been legitimately asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes or as part of legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings.
Protecting your data
We have strict security measures to protect Personal Data.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We reveal only the last four digits of your credit card numbers when confirming an order. Payment will be encrypted. Of course, we transmit the entire credit card number to the appropriate credit card company during order processing.
- We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage and disclosure of personally identifiable customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
- Please remember that communications over the internet, such as emails and webmails (messages sent through a website), are not secure unless they have been encrypted. Your communications may go through a number of countries before they are delivered – this is the nature of the internet. We cannot accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of Personal Data that is beyond our control.
- We may use your personal information to update you by email about new content, services and products. We will only contact you with your consent. You will provide this either when you create an account, buy a product through our online shop or sign up to receive our emails. We may personalise the messages or content based on information you provide us with, purchases you make and your use of our website.
- You are entitled to withhold consent and opt out of receiving such communications by not giving your consent on the form that collects your details. If you change your mind you can unsubscribe at any time (an unsubscribe link will be at the bottom of every email you receive).
When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. This sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your computer. These are called ‘cookies’.
These cookies cannot be used to identify you personally and are used to improve services for you, for example through:
– Letting you navigate between pages efficiently
– Enabling a service to recognise your computer so you don’t have to give the same information during one task
– Recognising that you have already given a username and password so you don’t need to enter it for every web page requested
– Measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and that there is enough capacity to ensure they are fast
To learn more about cookies, see:
Users typically have the opportunity to set their browser to accept all or some cookies, to notify them when a cookie is issued, or not to receive cookies at any time. The last of these options, of course, means that personalised services cannot be provided and the user may not be able to take full advantage of all of a website’s features. Refer to your browser’s Help section for specific guidance on how it allows you to manage cookies and how you may delete cookies you wish to remove from your computer.
Multiple cookies may be found in a single file depending on which browser you use.
The cookies used on this website fall into the following categories found in the ICC UK Cookie guide, as follows:
- Category 1: strictly necessary cookies
These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the website and use its features, such as accessing secure areas of the website. Without these cookies services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or e-billing, cannot be provided.
- Category 2: performance cookies
These cookies collect information about how visitors use a website, for instance which pages visitors go to most often, and if they get error messages from web pages. These cookies don’t collect information that identifies a visitor. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. It is only used to improve how a website works.
- Category 3: functionality cookies
These cookies allow the website to remember choices you make (such as your user name, language or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features. For instance, a website may be able to provide you with local weather reports or traffic news by storing in a cookie the region in which you are currently located. These cookies can also be used to remember changes you have made to text size, fonts and other parts of web pages that you can customise. They may also be used to provide services you have asked for such as a live chat session. The information these cookies collect may be anonymised and they cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
If you have any queries about these, or would like more information, please contact our Data Protection Manager at HCO Ltd, 149 St. Margarets Road, Twickenham, TW1 1RG, or email us at email@example.com.
By using this website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
- The Website may include links to other websites. We do not provide any personally identifiable customer Personal Data to these websites
- We exclude all liability for loss that you may incur when using these third party websites.
- Please note that our terms and conditions and our policies will not apply to other websites that you get to via a link from our site.
- If you would like access to the Personal Data that we hold about you, you can do this by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to us at the address noted above.
- We aim to keep the Personal Data we hold about you accurate and up to date. If you tell us that we are holding any inaccurate Personal Data about you, we will delete it or correct it promptly. Please email us at email@example.com or write to us at the address above to update your Personal Data.