STARTING YOUR CHRISTMAS SHOPPING? SWAP BLACK FRIDAY FOR COLOUR FRIDAY THIS YEAR
Join us in supporting small businesses on Friday 25th November…
Last year, we launched Colour Friday to kickstart a retail revolution for Christmas shoppers. So rather than taking part in the mass consumption of Black Friday, we encouraged the nation to celebrate the colour and creativity that small businesses bring instead — and buy carefully made Christmas gifts from UK independents. This year, we’re shouting even louder because did you know…
- In a recent poll, half of UK small business owners said they’re genuinely concerned that this will be their last Christmas trading?¹
- Carbon emissions generated from Black Friday online sales alone are equivalent to 215 flights from London to Sydney?²
- 89% of shoppers reported finding Black Friday highly stressful?³
- A quarter of Brits surveyed said they regretted their Christmas Black Friday buys?⁴
Are you a founder who wants to stand with us?
Sign our pledge to support Colour Friday instead of Black Friday this year by telling as many people as possible about it, and in turn, we will support YOU.
We’ll email you a free kit which contains…
- Ideas for ways to get involved in Colour Friday. And see the difference you could make on 25th November.
- My Christmas customer trends. Key insight on consumers’ changing behaviour and how to tap into it.
- 10 things I’ve learnt from 20 years in retail. My tips to get ahead of the biggest opportunity of the year.
- Exclusive campaign artwork to share by Newton Davey (AKA David Newton)
Building a business isn’t easy at the best of times but this year, I know it’s been especially tough. But do you know what? You’re not alone. You have a whole community standing shoulder to shoulder and ready to change things for the better. Let’s show the world the positive difference we can make together.
BECOME A COLOUR FRIDAY MARKETEER
We’re looking for 2,500 members of the small business co-mmunity to become our Colour Friday Marketeers. Why? So that together we can take over our high streets and social media to encourage the nation to shop small this Colour Friday.
You will receive a FREE marketing pack that contains a poster of our exclusive campaign artwork by Newton Davey (AKA David Newton). You’ll also receive a sheet of Colour Friday stickers to help with the mission to spread the word and a Retail Rebel badge for you to wear with pride.
As a Colour Friday Marketeer you will be at the forefront of our campaign — bringing the Colour Friday message to life in the most fun and creative ways — ways that only independents can come up with.
- Share fun pictures of your poster in your shop, studio or high street
- Create videos telling people how they can support you
- Hold a Colour Friday protest with your fellow independents
This is OUR moment to stand out against the big advertising giants and stand up for people shopping small this Christmas. Are you with us?
To be in with a chance of becoming one of our Colour Friday Marketeers, simply fill out this form and tell us the most inventive places you would put our posters and stickers in order to reach as many people as possible in your local area.
You will find out if you’ve been one of the successful 2,500 Marketeers via email by Monday 21st November 2022.
Terms and conditions are available here.
Join Holly’s Monday Morning Motivation IG LIVEs
Every Monday morning throughout the run-up to Christmas, join Holly LIVE on Instagram for Holly’s Monday Morning Motivation. She’ll be joined by expert guests to help us get through the festive season smiling, as well as community members from across the country who will be sharing how they’re rallying their customers to shop small this year. Plus, she’ll be answering ALL of your questions and sharing some of my favourite small business gift ideas…
These jam-packed sessions are guaranteed to put you in a good mood for the week ahead.
- Monday 7th November, 10.30am
- Monday 14th November, 10am
- Monday 21st November, 10am
- Monday 28th November, 10am
LAST YEAR'S COLOURFUL COLOUR FRIDAY ADVERT
Watch last year’s short campaign video to find out what it was all about and why so many of us are passionate about making this year’s Colour Friday even bigger and better.