Introducing our truly delicious Croissant Candle. Our life size, gourmet French delight has the irresistible scent of a freshly baked buttery croissant. With an impressive 20hr melt - you can enjoy our creation over and over. WHATS NOT TO LOVE!!!
Don't be ordinary - join us and be - extraordinary.
Join our 'CRAZY ABOUT WAX' troop! #CRAZYABOUTWAX
Wax type: Coconut
- Life size croissant.
- Weight - approx 259g
- Dimensions - 14cm x 6cm x 9cm
- Colour matched to life
- Hand painted with beeswax candle paint
- Eco coco wax
- Eco Berko dye
- Wedo eco wick
- Contains plant based packaging
- 20hr burn
- Hand poured in our St Leonards-on-sea wax laboratory.
- Scented with the irresistible smell of a freshly baked buttery croissant.
- Palm oil free
- Soy free
- Paraffin free
- Stearin free
- 100% Bonkers
WAX OVERVIEW -
We experimented with numerous natural waxes, did our research and became wax detectives before we selected the one for us. We have deliberately avoided the use of soy, completely refused paraffin, shut the door on stearin additives, refused entry to palm wax and said no thank you to any wax named 'organic mineral'. We concluded that the right wax for our creations was... the glorious coconut wax. Please find below our reasons below - a little wax science;
SOY WAX - Nope
- Deforestation because of soy farming - In order to make room for so many soy plants, trees and vegetation have been cleared from the land. Unfortunately, with this comes the destruction of plant and animal habitats. In rainforest areas, like in South America, this is a huge concern as these areas are home to many endangered species. If habitats are destroyed, we risk making some species of animals extinct.
- Soil Erosion due to soy crops - Growing soy in the same place year on year results in poor quality soil that is highly erodible. As a result, fertile land is lost, and there is an increased risk of flooding and pollution.
- Social impact of increasing soy growth - The increase in land use and natural resource pollution has meant people have moved away from the areas. This has a big impact on small farms and natives who had lived in the area before it was taken over by soy production. As well as this, the increase in labour needed means that some areas have treated workers unethically in order to produce enough crops.
- Poorer water quality - Many chemicals are used in the production of soybean crops, including pesticides and fertilisers. While these increase yield and prevent diseases, they also get into water sources and impact the water quality.
PARAFFIN - Nope on a rope
Non-renewable resource: Paraffin wax is derived from petroleum, a non-renewable resource. Potential release of harmful chemicals, carcinogens and pollutants. A true wax nasty!!!!
BEESWAX - Not Vegan Friendly
As far as sustainability is concerned, beeswax is arguably the best alternative. It burns cleanly and is long-lasting. However, it is not vegan. We still love the bees!!
COCONUT WAX - 100% FOR US
This, of course, is wax made from coconuts. Generally speaking, coconuts are much more sustainable than soybeans. Coconuts don’t need lots of pesticides to grow well, and they are largely produced by small farms, which means that there are fewer impacts in terms of society and deforestation. In addition, coconut wax candles are clean-burning, long-lasting, and vegan.
Why candles should be treated carefully...
FRAGILE - Please remember that natural wax is a soft and delicate material, so some imperfections may be present on the surface. Natural waxes will 'bloom', this is a natural reaction to the environment which means the candle may appear 'dusty'. This is very easy to remove with a warm hand or quick blast with a hairdryer.
H&S - Candle safety;
NEVER leave a burning candle unattended.
- Always put candles on a heat resistant surface, taper candles will need a stable, heat-resistant holder with a wide footprint to prevent them falling over.
- Keep burning candles away from things that can catch fire (e.g. curtains, other fabrics, furniture, hair). Keep candles out of draughts. Don’t put under shelves (there should be at least one meter between a candle and any surface above it).
- Candles should be kept out of reach of children and pets - consider where you place them in your home carefully.
- Make sure to leave at least 10cm between two burning candles - candles like to 'jump' between each other.
- Trim your wick when needed to maintain a height of 0.5cm.
- Keep wax pool clear of matches and debris to prevent reignition.
- Extinguish candles before moving them.
- Make sure candles are completely extinguished.
- CANDLES ARE NOT FOOD, NOT TOYS AND SHOULD NEVER BE EATEN.
The delivery options for this item are listed below (if it doesn't state 'Express delivery' then that option is not available for this product). As soon as you place your order, this small business will spring into action, get it ready and send it out... (and you can feel wonderful for supporting them).
Delivery options available
Standard delivery: included
Receive it by 6th - 8th March
Express delivery: £5.98
Receive it by 4th - 5th March
For more information about delivery or returning items, please take a look at our Delivery & Returns page.
More from this Co
SHAPE COLOUR FORM
ST LEONARDS ON SEA
I am Marsha the founder of SHAPE COLOUR FORM, I have a head full of dreams, ideas and the constant thoughts of; what if? but could we? We turn the everyday into something magical and always with a hidden surprise.
I have spent the last two years experimenting and inventing new ways to create the most wonderous products using wax. Within our wax laboratory we have combined traditional techniques with innovative methods and a pinch of magic to bring our creations to life. Leaving you wondering ... is it really wax?? We are the purveyors of the highest quality natural wax candles, which are a little bit bonkers. We can't wait to introduce you to our wonderous world of wax.